Reduced CAT services in place
On July 20, CAT implemented a reduced nightly service schedule in response to low ridership in the evenings, as a result of most businesses and other destinations closing early during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The reduction means that all fixed-route buses and CAT Mobility paratransit vehicles cease operations by 10 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays. Sunday services continue to operate under the regular schedule.
In addition, we have suspended Dot shuttle and Senior Circulator services.
Local bus fare collection remains suspended to allow for rear-door boarding and CAT is encouraging social distancing by permitting only 15 to 20 people per bus or half the normal capacity.
- CAT buses and CAT Mobility services are operating on a reduced schedule
- Bus capacity is limited to 50-percent (between 15-20 passengers)
- Operation of the Dot Shuttle and Senior Circulator has been suspended.
- Fares for buses and CAT Mobility paratransit services are waived.
- Customers should get on and off the bus using the rear entrance, if possible
- Customers should wear masks or face covering while using CAT services
- Customer service can be reached at (912) 233-5767 from 6 a.m.-8 p.m., Mon.-Fri., and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- All ticket sales, including online purchases, have been suspended.
- CAT may need to adjust service levels as the situation or staffing levels dictate.