Service Alert: CAT will resume the collection of fares for fixed-route buses and CAT Mobility paratransit service, starting on Dec. 1. Read more by clicking here.
CAT operating on modified schedule
Chatham Area Transit is operating under a reduced nightly service schedule as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
All fixed-route buses and CAT Mobility paratransit vehicles currently cease operations by 10 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays. Sunday services continue operating under the regular schedule.
Some contracted services remain suspended until further notice. These services include the Dot shuttle, SSU shuttle and Senior Circulator. Savannah Belles Ferry services continue to run from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
Customers should be aware of the safety measures and policies that will remain in place to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Until further notice, customers should be aware of the following:
- Fixed-route bus capacity is limited to 15 to 20 passengers.
- CAT Mobility buses are limited to three passengers.
- Bus and CAT Mobility customers should ride only for essential trips such as work, medical appointments and grocery shopping.
- Roundtrips or joyriding is prohibited.
- Fare collection remains suspended and customers should use the rear doors if possible to avoid contact with the operator.
- Passengers are urged to wear masks or face coverings while riding the bus or using CAT Mobility services.
- Customers should not ride if sick.
Customer service can be reached at (912) 233-5767 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Mon.-Fri., and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends.
Reduced evening hours summary (effective July 20)
Below you will find a list of the impacted routes and the time and location of their final stop. Unlisted routes and Sunday schedules remain unchanged.
3 West Chatham
Weekdays: 9:45 p.m. at ITC
Saturdays: 9:55 p.m. at ITC
10 East Savannah
Weekday and Saturday: 9:35 p.m. at the ITC
Saturdays: 9:13 p.m. at West 51st St. & Hopkins
Weekdays: 10:05 p.m. at the ITC
Saturdays: 9:55 p.m. at the ITC
17 Silk Hope
Weekdays: 8:45 p.m. at the ITC
Saturdays: 9:18 p.m. at the ITC
25 West Lake
Weekdays: 9:55 p.m. at the ITC
Saturdays: 9:15 p.m. at the ITC
Weekdays and Saturdays: 9:25 p.m. at the ITC
29 West Gwinnett
Weekdays: 9:20 p.m. at the ITC.
Weekdays: 9:45 p.m. at the ITC
Saturdays: 9:52 p.m. at the ITC