The 11am advisory for Tropical Storm Isaias has been released. Coastal Chatham County is under a Tropical Storm Warning.
Latest Local Forecast:
- Rip Currents and High Surf
- Beach Erosion is possible
- Windy Conditions (30-40mph, gusts to 50mph) are possible near the coast including the islands
- Breezy Conditions with gusts of Tropical Storm force winds (30-40mph winds) are possible in other areas of Chatham County
- Coastal Flooding possible
- Rainfall, 1”-3” – Starting as early as Sunday evening
- Tornadoes – Isolated tornadoes possible
Potential Local Conditions:
- Sunday PM- Rainfall may begin
- Monday AM – Breezy Conditions begin, Rain
- Monday Mid-Day – Wind gusts increase (40mph on the Islands), Rain
- Monday Afternoon – Wind gusts increase (50mph on the Islands), Rain
- Monday Evening – Windy. Heavy Rain. Evening high tide may be elevated depending on the timing of the expected heavy rains.
- Monday Night – System should be clearing our area and conditions improving by midnight.
With higher winds throughout the county, it is possible for power outages. Be prepared by stocking your emergency kit. For a list of supplies to include, visit www.ChathamEmergency.org